TMP developed the 40-acre master plan for NASA Building 4600 to consolidate various departments into a single area on the George C. Marshall Space Flight Center campus. The design created an easily accessible development with the feel of a campus, using environmentally responsible practices. Building 4600 was awarded LEED Silver certification by the USGBC. It is the first LEED certified building for all NASA campuses nationwide and the first LEED Silver certified building in the State of Alabama.
- A forty-acre campus with 500,000 square-foot office complex.
- Buildings clustered along pedestrian access ways and vehicular traffic zoned around the perimeter.
- Building oriented to preserve vistas and maximize exposure to daylight and natural ventilation.
- Retention ponds for storm water runoff with high-efficiency irrigation systems.
- Pedestrian connections to nearby buildings.