This project implemented the final stages of a phased master plan for Tennessee State University’s Ned McWherter Administration Building, which included plans for a plaza that links the administration building with the university’s student center.
Key aspects of the project include:
- Develops a focal point unifying and completing the campus masterplan.
- Administration Building blends harmoniously with adjacent buildings with a three story atrium and a bridge linking upper level offices and support areas.
- Building setbacks are harmonious with the nearby student center
- Brick and banding details repeat established architectural detailing of the student center.
- Dual entries acknowledge the slope of the terrain and varied arrival points.
- Presidential and vice presidential offices have expansive views and vistas of the campus center.
- The 24,100 square foot facility cost $3,100,00 when completed in 1996.
Tennessee State University/Tennessee Board of Regents